Satisfy your pizza craving and enjoy all of your favorite pizza toppings in these delicious easy crustless pizza bowls.
But let's be honest the best part of a pizza is the cheese and toppings.
This page may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I would use myself. I may earn a small commission when you make purchases through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- These easy pizza bowls are simple to make and ready in just 30 minutes.
- Delicious pizza bowls just like regular pizzas are easy to customize. Let everyone choose their favorite toppings.
- They are also gluten-free, keto-friendly, and can easily be made vegetarian.
What is a Crustless Pizza Bowl?
A crustless pizza bowl is basically all of your favorite pizza toppings in a bowl layered with pizza sauce and gooey cheese instead of on top of a pizza crust. Making this a delicious low-carb easy meal.
Ground Italian Pork: If you can't find ground pork you can buy whole Italian sausages and slice the casings open to remove the ground pork.
I prefer mild sausage but you can also use spicy Italian sausage for more of a kick.
Mushrooms: For pizza, I like either baby bella or white mushrooms.
Bell Pepper: Choose your favorite color; red, green, yellow, orange, or even purple.
Pizza Sauce: Start off with a jar of your favorite pizza sauce. In a pinch, you could also substitute tomato sauce mixed with a little Italian seasoning or use jarred marinara sauce.
Mozzarella Cheese: Mozzarella cheese melts easily and gives you that delicious cheese pull.
See the recipe card for quantities.
I like to serve these crustless pizza bowls in 10-ounce ramekins.
If you don't have any ramekins you can also layer the ingredients in an 8x8 baking dish and create a crustless pizza casserole your whole family will love.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large skillet saute the Italian sausage, mushrooms, and bell pepper until the sausage is fully cooked and the vegetables have softened. Drain any excess grease.
Place 4 ramekins on a baking sheet and divide half of the pizza sauce between them.
Evenly distribute half of the sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, and pepperoni between the four ramekins.
Sprinkle with a layer of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Add the remaining pizza sauce.
Top with the remaining sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, and pepperoni.
Finish with a layer of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes.
The pizza bowl will be very hot when it comes out of the oven. We have all burnt the roof of our mouths on a slice of hot pizza. Allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Assemble the pizza bowls, cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and refrigerate for up to three days. Bake according to the recipe directions when you are ready to serve.
This crustless pizza bowl recipe is so easy to customize. Offer a variety of toppings so even the pickiest of eaters can create their own bowl that they will be happy with. Here is a list of lots of fun ingredients to get you started.
- Italian Sausage
- Bacon - Precooked
- BBQ Chicken - Precooked
- Ground Beef - Cook it just like you would the sausage.
- Ground Turkey - Cook it just like you would the sausage.
- Black Olives
- Red Onions or Yellow Onions
- Peppers - Try Green Peppers, Red, Yellow, or Orange Peppers
- Banana Peppers
- Italian Seasoning
- Italian Herbs - Fresh Basil, Oregano, Parsley, or Thyme
- Cheese - Try mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, smoked gouda, parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, or for my fellow St. Louis natives provel cheese.
- Alfredo Sauce instead of pizza sauce
No matter what topping you choose you will want to layer your pizza bowls in this order:
Sauce - Toppings - Cheese - Sauce - Toppings - Cheese
On pizza night, I love serving a fresh green salad.
If you aren't worried about carbs, serving garlic bread or breadsticks that you could dip into the pizza bowls would also taste amazing.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
To reheat, microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through
- If using meat as a topping pre-cook it before adding it to the pizza bowl.
- If you don't have any ramekins you can also layer the ingredients in an 8x8 casserole dish.
- Sometimes the sauce can bubble over the edge of the ramekins. Place them on a baking sheet to keep the sauce from dripping onto the bottom of your oven.
- For additional browning, broil the pizza bowls for a couple of minutes after baking.
- The bowls will be very hot when they come out of the oven. Allow them to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, see above for make-ahead directions.
Yes, simply prepare twice the ingredients and divide between eight ramekins.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Thanks for Reading!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below! You can also snap a picture and post it on Facebook be sure to tag me @RaspberriesandKohlrabi.