This Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pizza on Flatbread makes an amazing dinner topped with juicy chicken, fresh veggies, and gooey cheese.
It is the perfect meal for spinach artichoke dip lovers and is sure to become one of your new favorites.
For this Chicken Spinach Artichoke Flatbread Pizza I decided to add grilled chicken, fresh spinach, marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and lots of gooey cheese. I love how all of these delicious flavors mix together.
Flatbread pizzas are so easy to make. They are similar to a thin crust pizza and typically have less sauce so the crust doesn't get soggy. I love piling on all of my favorite toppings.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Homemade pizza is easy to customize making it a perfect meal for the whole family. Don't like spinach? Feel free to leave it off or substitute a different vegetable.
- Quick to make flatbread pizza bakes in just a few minutes making them perfect for a quick pizza and a movie night.
- Make a gourmet pizza at a fraction of the cost of buying it from a local pizzeria.
Love easy chicken recipes? Try these Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Meatballs, this Zucchini, Tomato, Chicken Sheet Pan Meal these Sage Chicken Meatballs, this Pesto Chicken Quinoa Bowl, or these Chicken Apple Meatballs.
You will need the following ingredients to make this delicious Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza.
Using flatbread for your pizza crust gives you a texture similar to a thin pizza crust.
Cream Cheese: If using block cream cheese allow it to soften and come to room temperature to make spreading easier. If like me you forget to get the cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften, microwave it for about 30 seconds at 50% power. It should then be very soft and spreadable.
Chicken Breast: The chicken can be grilled, baked, or poached.
Spinach: I recommend using fresh baby spinach for the best flavor. If you only have frozen make sure to squeeze out all of the moisture before using.
Artichokes: Artichoke hearts can be found in a can, jar, or frozen. If using frozen artichokes you will want to thaw and drain them first.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Sun-dried tomatoes typically come in one of two ways, dried in a bag or dried and soaking in olive oil these are usually found with pickles and condiments.
I prefer the oil-soaked sun-dried tomatoes. It's like buying two products in one delicious sun-dried tomatoes and amazing tomato-flavored olive oil.
Tip: Save the olive oil for making salad dressing or roasting vegetables.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions and Variations
Flatbread: If you don't have any flatbread you can also use naan bread or prebaked pizza crust.
Cream Cheese: You could also use a cream cheese spread. I think the chive and onion, garlic herb, or garden vegetable flavors would work really well.
Chicken: Make these pizzas super simple by using use store-bought rotisserie chicken.
For a vegetarian version, substitute roasted cauliflower florets for the chicken.
Use up whatever ingredients you have in your refrigerator. Try adding:
- Red Peppers either fresh or roasted
- Kalamata Olives
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Green Onions
- Bacon Crumbles
- Fresh Mozzarella
Tip: Be careful to not add too many or the flatbread won't be able to support the weight.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 450°F (180°C).
Step 2: Place the flatbread onto a metal baking sheet and spread with the cream cheese leaving a 1-inch border.
Step 3: Top with chicken, spinach, artichokes, red onion, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Step 4: Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
Pair this Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pizzas with a crisp green salad, like this Kale and Apple Salad for an amazing dinner.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
To Reheat: There are a couple of ways to reheat flatbread pizza.
- Microwave: You can reheat it in the microwave at 30-second intervals but the flatbread will not be as crunchy.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 250°F (130°C) and bake the flatbread pizza on a sheet pan for 5-10 minutes. This is my favorite method.
Of course! You can substitute store-bought pizza crust or pick up some dough from the grocery store or many local pizza restaurants.
Yep! Just assemble the pizzas and pop them in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them.
Yes. Assembled the flatbread pizzas on a baking sheet and freeze until frozen solid, about one hour.
Wrap the frozen pizzas individually with plastic wrap to help keep the toppings in place. Then place them in a freezer bag and label them with the contents and date.
The frozen flatbread pizzas will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months.
To reheat: Preheat the oven to 450°F (180°C). Place the frozen flatbread pizzas directly on the oven rack and bake for 13-18 minutes. The pizzas are done when the cheese is melted and the center is completely warmed through.
- Don’t add too many toppings. Because flatbread is thinner than regular pizza crust it’s not going to hold up to mountains of toppings and cheese.
- For a vegetarian version of this chicken flatbread pizza, substitute roasted cauliflower florets for the chicken.
- Use a pizza stone or pizza steel. They will give you an amazingly crispy crust. You can even use it on your outside grill if you’d rather not heat up the kitchen. If you don't have a pizza stone you can also use this pizza pan which is perforated to help crisp the crust.
- For easier cutting, allow the pizzas to cool for a few minutes before cutting.
More Easy Dinners
Thanks for Reading!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below! You can also snap a picture and post it on Facebook or Instagram be sure to tag me @RaspberriesandKohlrabi.
Subscribe to get more recipes and tips by email.
Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- sheet pan
- 4 pieces of flatbread
- ½ cup cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cup spinach roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup artichokes drained and chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (180°C).
- Place the 4 pieces of flatbread onto a metal baking sheet and spread with the ½ cup cream cheese.
- Top with 1 cup cooked shredded chicken, 1 ½ cup spinach, ⅓ cup artichokes, ¼ cup diced red onion, and ¼ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.