I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again flatbread pizza is the best pizza and this chicken artichoke flatbread pizza is no exception.
Flatbread pizzas are so easy to make. They are similar to a thin crust pizza and typically have less sauce so the crust doesn’t get soggy. I love piling on all of my favorite toppings.
Flatbread pizzas are so easy to customize. For this pizza, I decided to add grilled chicken, fresh spinach, and marinated artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes.
This page may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I would use myself. I may earn a small commission when you make purchases through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy.
Cream Cheese: If using block cream cheese allow it to soften and come to room temperature to make spreading easier. If like me you forget to get the cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften, microwave it for about 30 seconds at 50% power. It should then be very soft and spreadable.
You could also use cream cheese spread. I think the chive and onion, garlic herb, or garden vegetable flavors would work really well.
Chicken: The chicken can be grilled, baked, or poached.You could also use store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Spinach: I recommend using fresh for the best flavor. If you only have frozen make sure to squeeze out all of the moisture before using.
Artichokes: Artichoke hearts can be found in a can, jar or frozen. If using frozen artichokes you will want to thaw and drain them first.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Sun-dried tomatoes typically come in one of two ways, dried in a bag or dried and soaking in olive oil these are usually found with the pickles and condiments. I prefer the oil soaked sun-dried tomatoes. It’s like buying two products in one delicious sun-dried tomatoes and amazing tomato flavored olive oil. Save the olive oil for making salad dressing or roasting vegetables.
Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the flatbread onto a metal baking sheet and spread with the cream cheese.
Top with chicken, spinach, artichokes, red onion, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
How to store leftovers
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days. For best results, reheat in the oven. Leftovers can also be microwaved but the crust won’t be as crisp..
How to reheat flatbread pizza
There are a couple of ways to reheat flatbread pizza.
- Microwave: You can reheat it in the microwave at 30-second intervals but the flatbread will not be as crunchy.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Farenheight and bake the flatbread pizza on a sheet pan for 5-10 minutes. This is my favorite method.
How to make your own frozen pizza
I admit that some nights I just don’t feel like cooking and usually have a frozen pizza or two stashed in the freezer. These flatbread pizzas make a perfect freezer meal. Once reheated in the oven, you can’t tell that they were ever frozen.
- To freeze: Assembled the flatbread pizzas on a baking sheet and freeze until frozen solid, about one hour. Wrap the frozen pizzas individually with plastic wrap to help keep the toppings in place. Then place them in a freezer bag and label with the contents and date. The frozen flatbread pizzas will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- To reheat: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the frozen flatbread pizzas directly on the oven rack and bake for 13-18 minutes. The pizzas are done when the cheese is melted and the center is completely warmed through.
- Try making your own flatbread. Flatbread is incredibly easy to make. If you happen to be a sourdough baker I put together a recipe for a flatbread that uses sourdough discard. If you don’t have a sourdough starter you can use this recipe for No Yeast Flatbread.
- Don’t add too many toppings. Because flatbread is thinner than regular pizza crust it’s not going to hold up to mountains of toppings and cheese.
- Vegetarian Version – substitute roasted cauliflower florets for the chicken.
- Use a pizza stone or pizza steel. They will give you an amazingly crispy crust. You can even use it on your outside grill if you’d rather not heat up the kitchen. If you don’t have a pizza stone you can also use this pizza pan which is perforated to help crisp the crust.
More flatbread pizza recipes
Thanks for Reading!
I publish new recipes every week! Sign up for my email newsletter to be the first to know when new recipes are published.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below! You can also snap a picture and post it on Facebook be sure to tag me @RaspberriesandKohlrabi.