This buffalo chicken flatbread pizza without blue cheese is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or makes a great appetizer for game day.
If you like hot wings this pizza is for you. Flatbread is topped with homemade buffalo sauce, cooked chicken, shredded mozzarella cheese, and then baked. Once the cheese has melted, the pizza is topped with blue cheese or ranch dressing and diced celery for some extra crunch.
Flatbread pizza is one of my favorite quick and easy dinners. In the last year, I have added five flatbread recipes to this blog; Greek Chicken Flatbread Pizza, Pesto Shrimp Pizza, Shrimp Scampi Pizza, Chicken Artichoke Flatbread, and Crab Rangoon Flatbread Pizza.
This page may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I would use myself. I may earn a small commission when you make purchases through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Flatbread pizzas are so quick and easy to make. For the quickest meal, you can make this pizza with store-bought flatbread, or if you have a little more time you can make your own.
- Packed with flavor and crunch you can customize the heat level based-upon the buffalo sauce you choose.
Buffalo Sauce: Use your favorite store-bought wing sauce or make your own.
Chicken: You can use store-bought rotisserie chicken or poach or grill a couple of chicken breasts.
Mozzarella: Buy already shredded mozzarella cheese to save time.
Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing: I am not a fan of blue cheese. So I always pair hot sauce dishes with ranch dressing. Blue cheese or ranch? The choice is up to you.
Celery: Buffalo wings are usually paired with crisp celery to help offset the spice. Celery makes a great pizza topping. Be sure to add it after the pizzas have baked to preserve its crunch.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Place the flatbread onto a metal baking sheet and brush with the buffalo sauce. I love these silicone pastry brushes because they are heat resistant and dishwasher safe. I like them over bristled brushes because I don’t have to worry about them leaving stray bristles behind.
Top the flatbreads with the chicken and shredded mozzarella.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
Drizzle with ranch or blue cheese dressing and top with chopped celery.
How to store leftovers
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days. For best results, reheat in the oven. Leftovers can also be microwaved but the crust won’t be as crisp..
How to reheat flatbread pizza
There are a couple of ways to reheat flatbread pizza.
- Microwave: You can reheat it in the microwave at 30-second intervals but the flatbread will not be as crunchy.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Farenheight and bake the flatbread pizza on a sheet pan for 5-10 minutes. This is my favorite method.
How to make your own frozen pizza
I admit that some nights I just don’t feel like cooking and usually have a frozen pizza or two stashed in the freezer. These flatbread pizzas make a perfect freezer meal. Once reheated in the oven, you can’t tell that they were ever frozen.
- To freeze: Assembled the flatbread pizzas on a baking sheet and freeze until frozen solid, about one hour. Wrap the frozen pizzas individually with plastic wrap to help keep the toppings in place. Then place them in a freezer bag and label with the contents and date. The frozen flatbread pizzas will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- To reheat: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the frozen flatbread pizzas directly on the oven rack and bake for 13-18 minutes. The pizzas are done when the cheese is melted and the center is completely warmed through.
- Try making your own flatbread. Flatbread is incredibly easy to make. If you happen to be a sourdough baker I put together a recipe for a flatbread that uses sourdough discard. If you don’t have a sourdough starter you can use this recipe for No Yeast Flatbread.
- Don’t add too many toppings. Because flatbread is thinner than regular pizza crust it’s not going to hold up to mountains of toppings and cheese.
- If you happen to love blue cheese, try sprinkling some blue cheese crumbles on top of the pizza before baking.
- Vegetarian Version – substitute roasted cauliflower florets for the chicken.
- Use a pizza stone or pizza steel. They will give you an amazingly crispy crust. You can even use it on your outside grill if you’d rather not heat up the kitchen. If you don’t have a pizza stone you can also use this pizza pan which is perforated to help crisp the crust.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! You can substitute store-bought pizza crust or pick up some dough from the grocery store or many local pizza restaurants.
The great part of making your own pizza is you control the spice level. For a milder pizza be sure to choose a mild buffalo sauce. You can also control the amount of sauce you add to the flatbread.
More quick and easy dinners
Thanks for Reading!
I publish new recipes every week! Sign up for my email newsletter to be the first to know when new recipes are published.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below! You can also snap a picture and post it on Facebook be sure to tag me @RaspberriesandKohlrabi.